- 3 1/2 pound ground beef
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, grated or minced
- 1 large egg, plus 1 egg yolk
- 2 handfuls grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 2 handfuls plain bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sliced or finely chopped sage leaves
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces Gorgonzola
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Place meat in a mixing bowl and season with salt, pepper, add in garlic, eggs, cheese, bread crumbs and sage.
Mix meat, roll into 8 large balls and arrange in a baking dish. Coat balls with 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil. Using the end of a wooden spoon, make an indentation half way into each ball and fill the cavity with some gorgonzola
Bake until golden and cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes.
Roasted Red Potatoes
- 3 pounds small red or white potatoes
- 1/4 cup good olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic (6 cloves)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Cut the potatoes in half or quarters and place in a bowl with the olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic; toss until the potatoes are well coated. Transfer the potatoes to a pan and spread out. Roast in the oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until browned. Flip twice during cooking in order to ensure even browning.
Remove the potatoes from the oven, toss with parsley or desired seasoning season to taste, and serve hot.