Wednesday, November 16, 2011

First butter sauce experiment







So me and my wife were watching food network and saw this dish and I just had to try it. Looked a little italian a little Mediterranean and well delicious. So ill tell you how we made it and you can judge for yourself it is delicious or not.

First I started off in a pan putting salt and pepper and flour. mixed that together. Then I took my chicken breast and dredged them into the flour until every surface was covered.

In a large skillet I put about 4 tablespoons of butter. And at medium heat placed the chicken in the pan. See if done this type of cooking before with the chicken when I made my Chicken Cordon Bleu. Having that flour on the outside just makes that little bit of crunch that strays away from the normal soft outer "shell" of a chicken breast. And not to mention the flavor is just amazing.

Brown the chicken breast on both sides. About 5-6 min on each side. Depending on how
thick your chicken breast are. I would suggest longer. Nothing sucks more than getting your entire plate looking beautiful with everyone on it and then you cut into your chicken and its nice and pink in the middle. Move to a platter or plate.

Im still working on learning a "butter" sauce. Got some tips and ill share them with you. Using the same pan add another Tbsp of butter if needed or more. try and "scrape" up all the drippings from your chicken to incorporate into your butter sauce. Once it starts to melt remove your pan from the heat and in a bobbling movement swirl the butter back and forth in your pan and whisk. (In my video I did swirl the butter but later found that using the whisk will help out better. Just don't over whisk) Then what I did was put the pan back on the heat at a lower heat and add your lemon zest, lemon juice, olives, capers and tomatoes. Heat them up enough. Then take it off the heat and engulf your chicken in the amazing butter sauce.

We found that having a nice fresh loaf of bread from the deli works wonders for sponging up the butter sauce and veggies.

ENJOY!!!


Here are the Ingredients for this amazing dish :


  • 3 boneless skinless chicken breast
  • 1 cup all purpose flour
  • 1 tsp lemon and pepper seasoning
  • salt & pepper
  • 3-4 tbsp butter or margarine
  • 1-2 tsp capers
  • 1 - 1/2 cups cherrie tomatos
  • 1/4 - 1/2 cup kalamata olives
  • 1 tsp lemon zest
  • 1/2 lemon (lemon juice)


No comments:

Post a Comment